Friday, April 14, 2023

52 Ancestors, Week 11: Lucky

 I'm playing catch-up on "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks," the project of a year's worth of writing prompts by Amy Johnson Crow. While everyone else will be on Week 16, I'm finally getting around to Week 11.

Week 11's theme is "Lucky." I don't especially recall any lucky talismans in my family. If my ancestors had any, I never knew about them. If they ever had any especially fortuitous luck, I never knew about that, either. 

The only luck I can think of is how lucky I am to know the stories I do know; to have found the records and mentions that I have found; and for the chance to tell their stories in my poor way.

While not precisely a lucky piece, there is something that I've kept on my refrigerator, as my dad did before me: these Round Tuits. I inherited a tendency to procrastinate. Procrastinators always put things off until such time as they can get around to it. I even acknowedged that trait by naming my blog Round Tuit Genealogy because I blogged so seldom. Sometimes it's been years between blog posts. 

So go ahead. You can keep your lucky penny, your rabbit's foot, your horseshoe. I'm actually blogging again. I've got a Round Tuit.

 

No comments: